To apply a tag to an email message that in the project's Emails tool.
In Procore, a number of tools let you add tags/keywords to a record. When you have a large number of records, this makes it easier for users to use the tool's search feature to find the records marked with those tags/keywords
The Emails tools gives users the ability to create tags. You can then apply these tags to the emails messages stored in the Emails tool. Once tags are applied to your emails, users can click the individual tags in the Tags menu to view all the email messages associated with that tag.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' level permission or higher on the project's Emails tool.
- Note: If you are a user with 'Standard' level permission on the Emails tool, you will not be able to view or apply tags to messages marked 'Private' (see Mark an Email as Private).
- Complete the Steps in Create a Tag to Filter Email Messages.
Apply a Tag to an Email
- Navigate to the Emails tool.
This reveals the Emails - Inbox page.
- In the right pane, highlight the email to which you want to apply a tag.
- Use a drag-and-drop operation to add the tag to the desired email message (Note: You may need to drag it above the Initial Post section to apply the tag.).
The system adds the tag to the email message as shown below.
In addition, the system adds the new message to the message count for that tag in the Tags menu.