Add a drawing area to manage and separate drawings for different buildings.
When uploading drawings for a project with multiple buildings, you may find that many drawings are labeled with the same title (e.g. A1). To prevent confusion, you can create different drawing areas, where each building would have its own separate drawing area underneath the project's Drawings tab. The ability to create separate drawing areas within a project makes it easier to navigate within the Drawings tool to find the correct drawings even when there are multiple drawings with the same title and/or number. When the drawings by area feature is enabled and configured for a project, you'll be able to click into the designated drawing area to see drawings associated only with that building.
Things to Consider
- Before you can set up drawing areas for a project, you must first enable this setting for your account. See Enable or Disable Drawing Areas.
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the projects' Drawings tool.
- Users who subscribe to drawings will receive email notifications for all drawings across all drawing areas.
- You should create and define all drawing areas before you upload any drawings.
- Once a drawing has been uploaded to a drawing area, it cannot be moved to a different drawing area.
- If you previously uploaded drawings to a project before the drawings by area feature was enabled for the project, the existing drawings will be added to a drawing area called 'Area 01' by default. However, you can change the area's name and add additional drawing areas, as necessary.
- Navigate to your project's Drawings tool.
- Click the Add Drawing Area button.
- Enter a name for the new drawing area. It's recommended that you name the drawing area so that it matches the name of the related building/structure.
- Click Create.
- (Optional) Upload drawings into the correct drawing area.