To upload a new version of a file into the Company level Documents tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the Documents tool.
- Additional Information:
Keep the following in mind when working with the Company level or Project level Documents tool:
- The tasks that you can perform are determined by the permission level that you've been granted for each tool. See What are the default permission levels in Procore? You may not always be assigned the same permission level on both your company's and a project's Documents tool.
- Access permissions are typically set by your company's Procore Administrator (or another contact at your organization who has been delegated the authority to administer a specific project and/or project tool).
- If you work in an environment where multiple people have access to edit files, it is strongly recommended that you always check files in and out to prevent conflicts (e.g., overriding another users changes): See Check In/Out a File.
- Navigate to the Documents tool.
- Click on the file for which you want to upload a new version.
- Under Upload a New Version, complete the following:
Choose File. Click this button to browse your computer's files for the new version of the file to upload. After selecting the file in your computer's file navigator, click Open.
Comment. Enter a description of the change in this box (Note: To capture any historical information, it is a best practice to always enter a comment about the new version).
Upload. Click this button to upload the file to the Documents tool.
- If you upload a file with a unique name (e.g., you checked out a file named "Installation Manual" and then uploaded a new version named "Installation Manual (1)", the system will update the file to match the most recently uploaded file name (e.g., Installation Manual (1)).
- If you want to see a summary of the file's related activity (i.e., downloads, reset checkouts, etc.), expand the Version Log.