To preview certain types of files in Procore's Documents tool without downloading them first.
Procore's Documents tool screen is split into three panes: the left pane contains the folder and file tree; the right-hand pane is where you configure your Documents tool and access other action buttons; the center folder allows you to perform actions on the files in the Documents archive including preview documents.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Read Only' and above permissions on the Documents tool.
- You can preview only certain types of files:
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx, etc.)
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Excel files (.xls, but NOT .xlsx format)
- Image files, including JPEG (.mpg), bitmap (.bmp), GIF (.gif) and PNG (.png) formats
- PDF files
- Rich text format (.rtf)
- If your file is supported, you will be able to view the file in its entirety in Procore's built in PDF viewer. See View a Document.
File types that DO NOT provide preview capability include text files (.txt), MS Project files (.mpp), XML files, and HTML files.
- Navigate to your project's Documents tool.
- Use the left pane's file tree to select the file you would like to preview.
- After clicking on the file in the left pane of the screen, you will see a Preview link appear in the center pane for certain file types.