To add a related item to a file in the project's Documents tool.
In Procore, a related item is link between two Procore objects (see What are "related items" in Procore?). You can add related items to your files in the project's Documents tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To add or delete related items, 'Admin' on the Documents tool.
- To view related item titles only, 'Read Only' on the Documents tool and access permission to the file.
- To view and access related items, 'Standard' on the Documents tool and access permission to the file.
- Additional Information:
Keep the following in mind when working with the Company level or Project level Documents tool:
- The tasks that you can perform are determined by the permission level that you've been granted for each tool. See What are the default permission levels in Procore? You may not always be assigned the same permission level on both your company's and a project's Documents tool.
- Access permissions are typically set by your company's Procore Administrator (or another contact at your organization who has been delegated the authority to administer a specific project and/or project tool).
- For the Description drop-down list, you must have permission to view the item on the corresponding Procore tool. For example, to select an RFI from the list, you must have permission to view it in the project's RFIs tool.
- For the Type drop-down list, selections appear only when the corresponding tool is active on the project. For example, to attach a submittal to a file, the Submittals tool must be added to the project. See Add and Remove Tools from a Project.
- Navigate to the project's Documents tool.
- In the tree view, navigate to and highlight the desired file.
- Scroll down to Related Items. Then click the arrow to expand the section.
- Do the following:
Type. Select from the drop-down menu the type of item you would like to add to the related items list (e.g., drawing revision, RFI, Submittal).
Description. Choose an item within the type to relate to the file (e.g. Choose a drawing revision previously uploaded to Procore's Drawings tool.)
Date. The date of the item will automatically be filled if relevant.
Notes. Add any notes to the revision you would like to show up in the list.
- Click Add.
This adds the related item to the file details.