To remove a user from a specific project in a Procore account so that he/she can no longer view a project.
When you remove a user from the project, you permanently remove the user's record in the Project Directory. However, the user's past activities on the Procore project remains a permanent part of the project's historical record.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the project's Directory tool.
- A user with 'Admin' permissions should reassign items associated with the user as required. For example, if the user has been assigned to an RFI item or as an approver on a submittal, the item should be assigned to a different user or to the next approver in the workflow prior to removing the user from the project.
- Additional Information:
- Only the user's contact record is removed from the Project Directory.
- The user's past activities remains a permanent part of the Procore project's historical record.
- Navigate to the project's Directory tool.
This reveals the Project Directory page.
- Locate the user to remove and then click Edit.
Note: To search the directory for a match, see Search and Filter the Project Directory.
This opens the user's profile in edit mode.
- Click Remove from Project.
This opens a confirmation message in a popup window.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to delete the user.
A yellow banner appears at the top of the page to confirm that the user was removed. This action removes the user from the project and also from any associated email distribution lists for that project.
Note: If you would like to deactivate the user and prevent him or her from accessing your company's Procore account, continue with Deactivate a User from the Company Directory.