To upload photos to the Photos tool so that you can reference them in both the Daily Log tool and the Photos tool.
Photos on the Daily Log allows 'Standard' and 'Admin' users on both the Daily Log AND Photos tools to optionally add the photos uploaded to the Photos tool directly to the new Photos Log in the Daily Log tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' and above permissions on the the project's Photos tool.
- 'Standard' and above permissions on the project's Daily Log tool.
- Determine if you would like to mark all photos added to Daily Log entries private by default in the Photos tool. See "Configure Advanced Settings: Photos: Photo Aggregation" in the See Also section below.
- Additional Information:
- You will not be able to add private photos to the Daily Log.
- Photos will be added to the day indicated in the photo's capture information.
- If capture data is not found on the image, any image added to the Photos tool will be added to the Daily Log based on the day the photo was uploaded.
- Navigate to your project's Photos tool.
- Drag-and-drop the photos you want to upload or upload the photos using the Upload button.
- Fill out the fields in the upload modal as necessary.
- Date: This field will automatically populate with the dates that the photos were taken. If capture information was not recorded when the photo was taken, the photos will default to today's date.
- Location: Select a location associated with the photo(s).
- Album: Select which album into which you want to upload the photos.
- Trade: Select the trade associated with the photo(s).
- Private: Mark the checkbox if you want to hide the photo(s) from anyone but users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Photos tool.
- Add to Daily Log: Mark the checkbox if you want these photos to be uploaded into the Daily Log for the day the photos were taken (or today's date if capture information was not recorded).
- Mark the checkbox next to Add to Daily Log.
- Click Upload Photos.
Note: All photos will be uploaded to the Photos Log in the Daily Log tool on the day that corresponds to the taken date. If capture data is not found on the image, any image added to the Photos tool will be added to the Daily Log based on the day the photo was uploaded.