To approve log entries that have been submitted by external collaborators to the project's Daily Log tool.
You are an 'Admin' user on the Daily Log tool on a project where collaborators are submitting log entries for approval. You need to approve the collaborator-submitted log entries before they will be displayed as a part of the project's official daily log.
- Required: See "Grant Collaborators Permissions to Create Daily Log Entries" in the See Also section below.
- Optional: See "Allow Collaborators to Create Delivery or Daily Construction Logs" in the See Also section below.
Note: By default, collaborators will be able to add Notes Log and Manpower Log entries.
- Required: Have your collaborators create daily log entries. See "Create Daily Log Entries as a Collaborator" in the See Also section below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' permissions on the Daily Log tool.
- Additional Information:
- Collaborators can only select their own company or users from their company in related drop-down menus.
- Collaborators can only see logs that have been configured for Collaborator Daily Logs.
- By default, collaborators can enter Manpower and Notes Logs. The Daily Log 'Admin' user can also configure the Daily Construction Report and Delivery Logs for collaborator entry. See "Configure Advanced Settings: Daily Log" in the See Also section below.
- Collaborators can only see entries that they have submitted.
- Collaborators can edit or delete pending logs that they have created.
- Once entries are approved, collaborators cannot edit their logs.
- Navigate to the Daily Log tool.
Note: If you have pending log entries to approve, you will see a banner at the top of the tool.
- Click the link in the banner.
Note: You will be redirected to the Pending Log page, where you will see all pending entries.
- Edit or delete entries as needed.
Note: Collaborators (creators of the entries) will see any edits you make in real time.
- Approve the entries.
Note: The entries will appear to everyone who has access to the Daily Log tool on mobile and on the Web.