To grant granular permissions for a correspondence type in the Correspondence tool.
Each correspondence type (e.g., General Correspondence or Notice of Delay) has its own type-specific permission levels, which are managed in permission templates in the company’s Permissions tool, ensuring each role only has the desired level of access to each correspondence type.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Permissions tool.
- Additional Information:
- Procore's permission levels (None, Read Only, Standard, and Admin) define what actions users can perform and what information they can view in each Procore tool. See Correspondence Permissions Matrix.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the company's Permissions tool.
- Click Actions next to the template you want to grant granular permissions for and select Edit Template.
- Scroll to the 'Custom' section.
- Select the button in the Read Only or Standard column on the row for the correspondence type you want to grant granular permissions for.
- Click the > icon to open or close the granular permissions menu for the correspondence type.
Note: This icon only displays when Read Only or Standard is selected.
- Select the Turn ALL ON checkbox to enable all of the correspondence type's granular permissions to the permission template.
Note: This checkbox changes to Turn ALL OFF if all of a correspondence type's granular permissions are enabled.
Mark the checkbox for each granular permission you want to grant on the permission template for the correspondence type:
- View Private Items Accessible to Users within Same Company. Grants users the privilege to view any items that are accessible to users within the same company.
- Respond to Items accessible to Users within Same Company. Grants users the privilege to respond to any items that are accessible to users within the same company.
- Create Item. Grants users the privilege to create a correspondence item.
- Edit Open Items they Created. Grants users the privilege to edit correspondence items with an 'Open' status that they created.
- Respond to Items they are on. Grants users the privilege to respond to correspondence items they are part of, such as Assignee.
- Click Save or Save & Return to Project Permissions.