To set or release retainage for all line items in the invoice.
Retainage (a.k.a., retention) refers to the practice of withholding a portion or percentage of the agreed upon contract price back from a contractor or subcontractor. This practice is common and provides assurance that the contractor's or subcontractor's work obligations will be satisfied on a construction project. It is typical for most contracts to require that 5-10% of the contract price be withheld until the project work is deemed substantially completed.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To set or release retainage, 'Admin' permission on the Commitments tool.
- To release retainage, 'Standard' permission on the Commitments tool.
- Additional Information:
- To set the same percentage of retainage on all line items in the invoice, enter a value to apply to all line items in the invoice.
- To release retainage on all line items, enter a value to apply to all line items. This move the desired percentage from the 'Currently Retained' column to the 'Released This Period' column.
To use the steps below you must first:
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Click the title of the commitment with the Invoice you want to set or release retainage for.
- Click the Invoices tab.
- Locate the invoice to modify.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Detail tab.
- Click Edit.
- Enter the percentage you either want to set or release.
Note: Depending on where you are in the project, you will release a certain amount (e.g., if you are halfway through your project and want to release 50% of retainage, enter 50 in the Work Completed box under Release Retainage on All Items).
- Click Set or Release.