To send a project's commitment to a subcontractor or vendor by email.
You can email a commitment to a subcontractor or vendor so they can see the commitment's accepted scope and its Schedule of Values (SOV). When selecting a recipient, you can choose any user the project's Directory tool. However, keep in mind that in order to log on or view a commitment in Procore, the recipient must have the appropriate access permissions to view the commitment.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To send a commitment by email, 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Commitments tool.
- To be named as a recipient on an email, you must be added to the Project Directory tool.
- To gain access to the commitment online, you must be granted the appropriate permissions to View Commitments.
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Under the Commitments List tab:
- Locate the commitment in the Committed - Summary list.
- Click View.
- Click Email Contract .
- Complete the following fields:
- To. Select users from your project's directory to forward the email to.
- Cc. Select users from your directory to carbon copy the email to.
- Private. Check this box so that only users with 'Admin' permissions and those included in the email can view the email in the Email tab.
- Subject. Enter in a subject for the Commitment email.
- Attachments. Attach any relevant documents or materials.
- Message. Type a message for the email recipient with further instructions or additional information.
- Click Send.
NoteProcore sends the recipient an email. The message contains a link that the recipient can click to view the commitment online (if he or she has the appropriate permissions to View Commitments). The recipient can also open the commitment in the PDF file format.