To add new line items to the budget that are associated with financial line items with a cost code/category combination that's currently not represented in the budget.
During the lifecycle of a project, financial line items may introduce line items that were not included in the original budget, often times by mistake.
The warning banner gives users a chance to review financial line items that have a non-budgeted cost code and/or category prior to adding them to the budget in the event the cost code and/or category was mistakenly selected.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Budget tool
- Additional Information:
- You can create missing budget line items to a locked or unlocked budget.
- If your company has enabled the ERP Integrations tool:
- Navigate to the project's Budget tool.
The Budget page appears.
- On the Budget tab, under Create New Budget Line item, do the following:
- Cost Code. Select the desired cost code from the list.
- Cost Type. Select the desired cost type.
- Original Budget. Enter the original budget amount.
Note: To assign a value to the Original Budget, the budget must be unlocked (see Unlock a Budget). If the Budget it locked, you can transfer money into this code via a change order or budget modification.
- Click +Add.
The line item is now added to your budget.