To view the bid package as an Admin on the Project level Bidding tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the Project level Bidding tool.
- 'Read-only' and above permissions on the project's Bidding tool and added to the Bid Package Distribution List.
- 'Admin' on the Project level Bidding tool.
About Your Procore Bid Package
When you Create a Bid Package in Procore, your bid information will live in the project's Bidding tool and your company's Planroom tool. When you click on the bid package you wish to view from your Bidding or Planroom log page, you will see that you have five (6) subtabs to help you track and organize activity on and information about your bid package.
General information about your bid package is stored under the Overview subtab, which includes the title, important dates, the bid package preferences, as well as information that was included in the bid invitation email.
The following actions can be performed from this subtab:
You can view, edit, and export the files that have been attached to the bid package. See Update Bid Files for more information.
You can view information on the package's potential bidders from the Bidders subtab. This includes the following:
- Company Name: The name of each company that can be invited to bid on this specific bid package.
- Recipient List: The specific person from the bidding company to whom the invitation email was sent.
- Company Contact Information: The phone number for each company that can be invited to bid on this specific bid package.
- Last Activity: The most recent activity for the bidder is listed.
Note: If you click into the Last Activity box, the full activity for the bidder may be viewed.
- Bid Invitation Last Sent: Timestamp of when the bid invitation email was sent to the bidding company's contact.
Note: 'n/a' will be shown if the bid invitation email has not been sent to the bidding company.
- Intent to Bid: Denotes the bidding company's intention to bid on the project. Bidders can declare their intentions directly in the bid invitation email.
Note: If a bidder declared an intention to bid, you may want to send them a reminder email to submit their bid leading up to the bid submission deadline.
- Submission Status: Denotes whether or not the bidder has successfully submitted a bid.
- Bid Amount: The total amount of the bid. If you selected 'Blind Bidding' for the bid package configuration, the bid amounts will be hidden until the bid submission deadline has passed.
- Cost Codes: The cost code(s) associated with each company.
- Trades: The trade(s) associated with each company.
- Notes: Any relevant information about each company.
Manage your bidders by performing the following actions:
- Export the bid package's information, which also includes company information, to a PDF by clicking on the PDF icon.
- Delete the company from the bid list only if the company hasn't been sent an invitation email. Click the X to delete the company from the bid list.
- If you added bidders to your bid package that you haven't invited to bid, a blue banner will appear at the top of the bid list as a visual reminder of how many outstanding invitations have yet to be sent.
Note: You can see which bidders haven't been invited yet by seeing which ones have the Invite button in their row as opposed to a Reinvite button. You may also individually invite and re-invite your bidders by clicking these buttons.
- Search for bidders by clicking on the Add Bidders button. See Search for and Invite Bidders for more information.
- Resend bid invitations to all of your previously invited bidders by clicking the Resend Invitations button in the vertical ellipsis (⋮) drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Note: This button will not send an email to bidders who have not been invited yet.
- Delete the bid package by clicking on the Delete Bid Package button in the vertical ellipsis (⋮) drop-down menu at the top of the page. See Delete a Bid Package for more information.
Filter and Group Options
If you have a long list of bidders with more than one trade, intent to bid, and/or submission status, you can filter your bid list. This is also useful if you have a smaller bid list, but want to see if you have enough bid coverage across each trade in the bid package. See Filter and Group the Bid List.
You can configure the columns on your bid list to select which columns you want to show and hide. You can also reorder the columns in your bid list, or reset to show the default columns in the bid list. See Customize the Column Display in the Bidding Tool for more information
Manage any addenda (called correspondence) related to this bid package from this subtab. You can send a new correspondence, as well as view and reply to older correspondences. See Send a New Correspondence in the Bidding Tool.
Use the Download Log to track when bid documents were downloaded. Any time a bidder downloads bid documents, it will be stored in this list as a helpful reference. For example, if you've made changes to a bid package's documents, you may want to use the download log to determine who might have downloaded an outdated version. If a bidder declared an intention to bid but has yet to download the bid documents, you may want to send a reminder to download the documents. Typically, bidders will not submit a bid on time if they haven't successfully downloaded all bid documents at an earlier time.
This log tracks any changes to the bid package information on the Overview subtab including when the package was made, title changes, date changes, etc. as well as show who performed each change.
- Create a Bid Package
- Edit a Bid Package
- Delete a Bid Package
- Search for and Invite Bidders
- Search, Filter, and Group the Bid List
- Send a New Correspondence in the Bidding Tool