IMPORTANT! In order to protect the integrity of your company’s data, Procore Employees are restricted from modifying the data that clients submit in all Procore Import Templates. This restriction applies to all data modifications, including correcting typographical errors. If Procore determines that errors are present in any Procore Import Template that you submit to Procore, it will be returned to you for correction. Please note that the import process may take up to 72 hours to process.
To submit a request to Procore to bulk-import a list of cost codes to the Company or Project level Admin tool.
If your company or project requires a unique cost code structure, you can import custom cost codes into either the Company level or Project level Admin tool. Some companies design their cost code structure to align with the CSI MasterFormat. Other companies decide to implement a cost code structure that is unique to their industry, organization, or project environment. Regardless of the structure, you can submit a request to have a Procore representative import the custom cost codes for you or you can expedite the process and perform your own cost codes import using the Procore Imports app.
Note: The Company and Project Level Admin tools include a 16 Division Cost Code Structure that aligns to the CSI MasterFormat. See What are Procore's Default Cost Codes?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To request a cost code import for a project, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Admin tool.
- To request a cost code import for the company, 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Admin tool.
- Download the Microsoft Excel template: import-cost-codes.xlsx
- Complete the template by following the instructions in Import Cost Codes to Procore.
Note: Ensure you have defined the number of levels in your company's cost code structure.
- Send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your email's 'Subject' line, include your company's or project's name and ID. See How do I find the project ID?
- Attach the completed cost codes import template to your email message.
- A member of the Procore Import Team will contact you once the import is complete.
- Verify the data imported is correct.