To set up your payroll export for use with QuickBooks® Desktop software.
Due to QuickBooks® software's proprietary IIF import format, it wasn't possible to easily import time data into QuickBooks® for payroll, but with the preformatted IIF export, we've eliminated the previously required data manipulation and double data entry.
Note:This is separate functionality from the Procore + QuickBooks® Connector.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To export your time entries from QuickBooks® Desktop, 'Admin' level permissions on QuickBooks® Desktop.
- To import your time entries into Procore, 'Admin' level permissions on the Company Timesheets tool.
- Additional Information:
- When importing the IIF file, if the customer is not added to the Project setting, QuickBooks® will create the Project as new under jobs as customers.
- The following will need to match exactly between Procore and QuickBooks®:
- Cost Codes Numbering
- Cost Codes Format
- Cost Codes Time Types
- Employee Names
- Customer Names
- Job Names
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
Export Timer List from QuickBooks®:
- Log in to QuickBooks® Desktop as the Admin in Single User mode.
- Click File.
- Click Utilities.
- Click Export.
- Click Timer Lists.
- In the Export window, complete the following:
- In the 'Save in' drop-down menu, select the location where you want to save the .IIF file.
- In the 'File name' field, replace the asterisk (*) with a file name.
- In the 'File type' drop-down menu, select IIF Files (*.IIF).
- Click Save.
- In the saved confirmation message, click OK.
Import Timer List to Procore:
- Navigate to the company's Timesheets tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Under 'Import QuickBooks® Export for Settings', click Choose File.
- Select your timerlist.iff file.
- Click Open.
- Once you see the name of your file next to Choose File, click Import.
The data from the file will automatically fill in the following information under 'QuickBooks® Timer Export Settings':
Note: If you get the ‘Error’ message “You cannot import QuickBooks Pro Timer data for a different company. Please open the correct company file”, re-import your Timer List file into Procore.
- QuickBooks® Timer Version: This field is the version number of the QuickBooks® Timer.
- QuickBooks® Timer Release: This field is the release number of the QuickBooks® Timer.
- QuickBooks® Company Name: This field is the name of your QuickBooks® company.
Note: The field must match the name that appears in the Company Information window in QuickBooks®.
- QuickBooks® Company Create Time: This field is the unique number that comes from your QuickBooks® company file when you export lists to the Timer. The number identifies which company file the lists came from.
- Click Update if you have modified any of the information.
Note: Once the import is complete, Workers Compensation codes will need to be manually entered.