To set up your payroll export for use with QuickBooks® Desktop software.
Due to QuickBooks® software's proprietary IIF import format, it wasn't possible to easily import time data into QuickBooks® for payroll, but with the preformatted IIF export, we've eliminated the previously required data manipulation and double data entry.
Note:This is separate functionality from the Procore + QuickBooks® Connector.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To export your time entries from QuickBooks® Desktop, 'Admin' level permissions on QuickBooks® Desktop.
- To import your time entries into Procore, 'Admin' level permissions on the Company Timesheets tool.
- Additional Information:
- When importing the IIF file, if the customer is not added to the Project setting, QuickBooks® will create the Project as new under jobs as customers.
- The following will need to match exactly between Procore and QuickBooks®:
- Cost Codes Numbering
- Cost Codes Format
- Cost Codes Time Types
- Employee Names
- Customer Names
- Job Names
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
Export Timer List from QuickBooks®:
- Log in to QuickBooks® Desktop as the Admin in Single User mode.
- Click File.
- Click Utilities.
- Click Export.
- Click Timer Lists.
- In the Export window, complete the following:
- In the 'Save in' drop-down menu, select the location where you want to save the .IIF file.
- In the 'File name' field, replace the asterisk (*) with a file name.
- In the 'File type' drop-down menu, select IIF Files (*.IIF).
- Click Save.
- In the saved confirmation message, click OK.
Import Timer List to Procore:
- Navigate to the company's Timesheets tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Scroll to the 'Payroll Settings' section.
- In the Payroll Software drop-down, select QuickBooks®.
- Drag and drop your timerlist.iff in the 'Attach File(s) or Drag and Drop' field.
- Click Attach Files.
- Select your timerlist.iff file.
- Click Open.
The data from the file automatically fills in the following information under 'Current Settings':
Note: If you get the 'Error' message "You cannot import QuickBooks Pro Timer data for a different company. Please open the correct company file”, re-import your Timer List file into Procore.
- Ver (Timer Version): The version number of the QuickBooks® Timer.
- Company Name: The name of your QuickBooks® company.
- Rel (Timer Release): The release number of the QuickBooks® Timer.
- Company Create Time: The unique number that comes from your QuickBooks® company file when you export lists to the Timer. The number identifies which company file the lists came from.
Note: Once the import is complete, Workers Compensation codes will need to be manually entered.