To export project time entries from Procore to import into QuickBooks®.
Note:This is separate functionality from the Procore + QuickBooks® Connector.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To export your time entries, 'Read-only' or higher permissions on the Company level Timesheets tool.
- To import your time entries into QuickBooks® Desktop, 'Admin' level permissions on QuickBooks® Desktop
- Additional Information:
- You cannot re-import the same individual file, however, if you export the same file twice from Procore and import both of those files into QuickBooks, the data will be duplicated.
- To prevent duplication, backup your QuickBooks company file before you import your IIF file.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
Export your Time Entries from Procore
- Navigate to the company's Timesheets tool.
- Locate the time entries you want to export.
Note: Narrow your results by selecting a specific Work Week and using the Search and Filter functions.
- Click Export.
- Select QuickBooks.
The file is formatted for the QuickBooks accounting system import.
Import your Time Entries into QuickBooks®
- Log in to QuickBooks® Desktop as the Admin in Single User mode.
- Click File.
- Click Utilities.
- Click Import.
- Click Timer Activities.
- In the 'Import Activities from Timer' window, click OK.
- Select your IIF file.
Note: If you get the ‘Warning’ message “This import file was created by an old version of the QuickBooks Pro Timer”, click OK to continue with the import process.
- Click Open.
- Verify the data is correct in QuickBooks.
Note: To see more information on an item, select an item and click View Report.