To edit the name of a sub job in a Procore project to match the name of a sub job in your ERP Integration. Sub jobs are referred to as 'Extras' in Sage 300 CRE®
After importing a sub job from your ERP Integration into Procore, companies will sometimes need to change the name of that sub job in their ERP system. When this occurs, you can use the steps below to manually edit the name in Procore. Important! Do not change the name of a sub job in Procore unless the value you are changing it to exactly matches the sub job in your ERP System.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Admin tool.
- The sub job in your ERP system must already be added and synced with Procore. See Import a ERP Sub Job to a Procore Project.
- Additional Information:
- Cost codes and categories that are assigned to a sub job must be maintained in your ERP system (not Procore).
- You cannot delete a sub job if there are cost codes tied to that sub job.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
- Under Project Settings, click Sub Jobs.
- In the Sub Job column, double-click the sub job name. Then type the new name over the previous one to rename it.
- Your entry must exactly match the change you made to the sub job in your ERP system.
- If you are using Sage 300 CRE®, there is a maximum character limit for 'Extras'. See What is the maximum character length for a Sub Job?