To send files and folders in the Documents tool to other users by email.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the Documents tool.
- Additional Information:
- These permission levels apply to both the company's and project's Documents tool, and permission levels are tool-specific. For example, you can have 'Read-only' permissions on the company's Documents tool and 'Admin' permissions on a project's Documents tool.
- Files and folders that are emailed from Procore's Documents tool are sent to recipients using a designated company-specific email address. (e.g. email@example.com) However, the name of the sender (e.g. John Doe) will match the person who performed the email action in Procore.
- Emails are marked as "private" by default, which means that only 'Admin' users and designated email recipients (and sender) will be able to view a record of the email under a file or folder's Email Log Report.
- "Private" emails are ideal for documenting and saving sensitive email correspondences in Procore while maintaining privacy settings to ensure that the record of the sent files/folders remains hidden from other users on a project.
- You can only email files/folders to contacts or distribution groups that exist in the directory in order to prevent documents from being shared with external users. At the Project level, you are restricted to users and groups that reside in your Project Directory. Files and folders can be emailed to any user in the directory even if he/she has 'None' access on your project's Documents tool.
- Email recipients can reply to the email directly from their inbox. Any attachments to the reply email will be included along with the body of the email message. Email replies will create new entries in the email's log.
- Navigate to the company's or project's Documents tool.
- Using your file tree on the left, select the file, files, or folder you wish to email.
Note: You can also browse and attach additional files under the "Attachments" section.
- Click Email.
- Fill out the following fields as necessary:
- To: Select one or more users or groups to send the document to.
- CC: Use the CC field to include other users and keep them informed. You (i.e. the sender) will automatically be CC'ed on the email to ensure that you will also receive an email if users reply to the email.
- Private: Mark the checkbox next to this box if you want your email to only be viewable by 'Admin' users and the specified recipients of the email.
- Subject: This field will automatically be populated with "FW: [Folder or File]: [Folder or file name]" however, you can manually change the "Subject" line accordingly.
- Attachments: You can attach additional files from the project or files from your computer. The files in the folder or the file you selected will automatically be linked in the email. Preview thumbnails of attached files will not be shown.
- Message: Enter a message in the body of the email.
- Click Send.
If you were CC'd on the email, you should have received an email in your inbox with a link to download the file. Recipients can either download files using the hyperlink in the email or click the "View online" text link to view the document in Procore's web application.
Viewing the Email in the Emails Section
After a file has been emailed from Procore, a record of the email is stored in the Emails section for that file. The Emails section automatically hides email correspondence records from users who were not on an email's distribution list for "private" document transfers. However, 'Admin' users can see the email even if they were not included on the email's distribution list.
From the Emails section, you can export the email(s) to PDF, initiate a new email by clicking on the email address link, or download any additional attachments that were added to the email(s).