To add or edit the description of a file stored in the Documents tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the Documents tool.
- Additional Information:
Keep the following in mind when working with the Documents tool:
- The tasks that you can perform are determined by the permission level that you've been granted for each tool. See What are the default permission levels in Procore? You may not always be assigned the same permission level on both your company's and a project's Documents tool.
- Access permissions are typically set by your company's Procore Administrator (or another contact at your organization who has been delegated the authority to administer a specific project and/or project tool).
- Navigate to the Documents tool.
This reveals the Documents page.
- In the tree view, navigate to and highlight the desired file.
This reveals the selected file's details in the center pane.
- Click the pencil icon next to the Description field.
- Add or edit a description in the box that appears.
- You can enter an unlimited number characters.
- A best practice is to keep descriptions short, so they can be easily read in the space provided on the page.
- Click anywhere outside the box.
The system saves your new file description.