To change a user's permission template assignment in a project's Directory tool.
In Procore, Role-Based Permissions (RBP) are used to manage user access to different Procore tools. Access for each role is defined in a permission template. By default, Procore provides its clients with several role-based permission templates. For details, see What is a permission template? and What are the default permission templates in Procore?
After you've created your permission templates in Procore's Company Directory (see Add a New Permission Template in the Company Directory), you can change a user's permission template for a project from either the Company or Project Directory. This article shows you how to change permission templates assignments for users in the Project Directory.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the company's and project's Directory tool.
- You must first create the template that you want to assign to the user (see Add a New Permission Template to the Company Directory).
- Additional Information:
- An alternate method for changing permissions is available in the Project Directory. See Change a User's Permission on a Project.
- Permission levels (e.g., None, Read Only, Standard, Admin) define what information users can edit and see in each Procore tool.
Image content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the company's Directory tool.
This reveals the Company Directory page.
- Locate the user in the Company Directory's list.
- Click Edit.
This reveals the user's Edit Contact Information page.
- Scroll down to the 'Project Settings' area.
- Under 'Current Project Settings', the system lists the 'Current Permission Template' for each project to which the user has access. Click the link to the desired project.
This redirects you to the person's profile in the Project Directory.
- Scroll to the Permission Templates For area.
- Select the desired permission template from the Permission Templates For list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
This saves the permission template change for that person on the project.