To change a user's permission template assignment in a project's Directory tool.
In Procore, Role-Based Permissions (RBP) are used to manage user access to different Procore tools. Access for each role is defined in a permission template. By default, Procore provides its clients with several role-based permission templates. For details, see What is a permission template? and What are the default permission templates in Procore?
After you've created your permission templates in Procore's Company Directory (see Add a New Permission Template in the Company Directory), you can change a user's permission template for a project from either the Company or Project Directory. This article shows you how to change permission templates assignments for users in the Company level Directory.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the company's and project's Directory tool.
- You must first create the template that you want to assign to the user (see Add a New Permission Template to the Company Directory).
- Additional Information:
- An alternate method for changing permissions is available in the Project Directory. See Change a User's Permission on a Project.
- Permission levels (e.g., None, Read Only, Standard, Admin) define what information users can edit and see in each Procore tool.
Image content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the Company level Directory tool.
- Click Users.
- Click Edit next to the user with the permission template you want to change.
- Scroll to 'Current Project Settings' under 'Project Settings'.
- Locate the project you want to change the user's permission template on and click Change Template at the end of its row.
- In the 'Select a project permission template' window, select the template you want to apply in the 'Template' field.
Optional: Mark the 'Apply this template to all projects [User] belongs to' checkbox to apply the selected template to all projects the user has been added to in your company's Procore account.
- Click Apply.