To add insurance information (e.g., insurance policies, insurance certificates, and other supporting documents) for a vendor (i.e., contractor, subcontractor, or other vendor) in the Company level Directory tool.
In Procore, an insurance manager is an internal employee (or multiple employees) at your company who will serve as your organization's primary point of contact(s) for ensuring that the insurance policies for your vendors (e.g., contractors, subcontractors, and other vendors) are in compliance with requirements and that their policy and certificate information is kept up-to-date in Procore. Insurance information for your vendors can be added and maintained in Procore's Company and Project level Directory tools. The responsibilities of an insurance manager include:
- Adding insurance polices for your vendors to the Directory tool.
- Receiving automated email notifications from Procore about expiring insurance policies for your vendors.
- Updating insurance policies as information changes.
- Removing insurance information for your vendors when the information is no longer relevant.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the company's Directory tool.
- If you want to add an Insurance Provider as a vendor/company in your Company Directory, add the provider first. See Add or Edit a Vendor/Company to the Company Directory.
- If your company has enabled the ERP Integrations tool, the following is also true:
- The Vendor Insurance from Sage 300 CRE will be synced with Procore's insurance: Insurance Type (e.g., General, Automotive, Umbrella, and Worker's), Effective Date, Expiration Date, Limit Amount, Name, and Policy Number.
Image content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
Add Insurance Information for a Vendor
- Navigate to the company's Directory tool.
This opens the Company Directory.
- Click Companies.
- Locate the desired company in the list. Then click Edit.
Note: If the company record does not exist, you must add it first. See Add or Edit a Vendor/Company to the Company Directory.
This opens the vendor's record in edit mode.
- In the vendor's record, click the Insurance tab.
- Click Add Company Insurance.
- In the Add Insurance to <Company Name> Insurance Information (Global) page, complete the following:
Type. Enter the type of insurance coverage (e.g., General Liability, Umbrella/Excess Liability, Builder's Risk, Professional Liability, Pollution Coverage, and so on).
Insurance Provider. Input the insurance carrier's name exactly as it appears on the insurance certificate.
Policy Number. Type the full policy number exactly as it appears on your certificate.
Exempt. If the company for which you are entering insurance information holds a certificate or affidavit of exemption, mark this checkbox (e.g., Workers' Compensation).
Limit Amount: Enter the limit amount for the insurance in this box (e.g., If the your combined single limit amount is two million dollars, enter 2,000,000). Note: You can enter up to seventeen (17) characters.
Information Received: Mark this checkbox if you received the complete set of paperwork regarding this insurance.
Effective Date: Enter the effective date as it appears on the certificate.
Expiration Date: Enter the expiration date as it appears on the certificate.
Send Expiration Notification?: Marking this checkbox will send an email to any insurance managers in your Directory when the insurance is about to expire. To add a contact as an Insurance Manager, see Designate an Insurance Manager for Your Procore Company.
- Status. Select one of Procore's default informational statuses from the drop-down list. See What are the default statuses for insurance in Procore?
- Changing a status at a later time will NOT trigger any automated email notifications, because Procore's automated email notifications to the Insurance Manager are associated with the Expiration Date.
- Because compliance and registration standards can vary between countries, states, cities, and by your organization's own standards and requirements, its recommended that your organization decide how best to apply the available informational statuses to vendors in your organization's Company Directory.
Attachments: Click the Attach File(s) link or use the Drag-and-Drop File(s) area to add the relevant insurance policy, certificates, and any affidavits here.
- Click Add.
This adds the information as a line item in the vendor's Insurance tab.