To export the Standard Cost Code List to the CSV file format using the company's Admin tool.
You can also export a list of your company's Standard Cost Codes to the CSV file format using the Steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the company's Admin tool.
- Supported File Formats:
- Comma Separated Values (CSV)
- The downloaded CSV file contains two data columns: 'Cost Code Number' and 'Description'.
- The downloaded CSV file cannot be used with the cost code import process. To learn how to properly format a CSV file to import cost codes to the Admin tool, see Import Custom Cost Codes to a Project or Import Custom Cost Codes to a Company.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Administrative Settings, click Cost Codes.
This reveals the Edit Standard Cost Code List page.
- Choose Export >CSV.
The system downloads a file named 'company_cost-codes.csv' to your browser's default download directory. Typically, this is your computer's Downloads folder. However, your computer's settings may be different.