To enable and configure a river gauge for a program.
A river gauge allows you to configure the program's tool to show hyrdograph data from the National Weather Service's Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service pages. This allows you to also add a River Observations widget to the Company level Programs tool, so your Programs users can view specific river observations such as flood stages for a specific stream gauge. For information about this service, visit: https://water.weather.gov/ahps/
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- To see which projects are assigned to the program, click the "+" icon to the right of the program name.
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
This opens the Company Settings page.
- Under Project Settings, click Defaults.
This opens the Defaults page.
- Scroll down to the Programs area.
- Click the Edit button next to the desired Program.
- Do the following:
- River Gauge Enabled. Place a checkmark in this box to turn the river gauge functionality ON.
- River Gauge Link. Enter the URL for the desired hydrograph. For example, if you wanted add a hydrograph for the San Diego River at Fashion Valley, you would enter this URL: https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=sgx&gage=fsnc1
- River Gauge XML Feed. Enter the XML Data URL for the desired hydrograph. Using the San Diego River at Fashion Valley example, you would enter this URL: https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph_to_xml.php?gage=fsnc1&output=xml
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click Save Program.
National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration wide search services provided by USA.gov. CGI Software support provided in part through the cgic © library: cgic, copyright 1995 by Thomas Boutell. Permission is granted to use cgic in any application, commercial or noncommercial, at no cost.