To create a quick punch category at the Company level.
Categories are used to group your punch item templates into sets. For example, you might want to organize specific templates into separate categories for Concrete, Masonry, Metals, and so on.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- Categories created at the company level are also visible and available in the project's Admin tool (Note: In the project's Admin tool, a key icon appears next to any categories that were created at the company level).
- Categories created at the project level are specific to that project. They are NOT visible or available in the company's Admin tool. See Create a Quick Punch Category on a Project.
- You can alternatively add punch list template at the project level. See Create a Project Level Punch Item Template.
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Administrative Settings, click Punch Item Template Configuration.
This reveals the Punch Item Template Configuration page.
- Click Create Category.
This opens the Create New Punch Item Template Category page.
- Do the following:
- Name. Enter the title of the category you want to create.
- Create. Click to create the new category
The system adds the new category to the bottom of the Punch Item Template Configuration page.