To create and configure budget view columns from the Units of Measure Beta and add them to a budget view.
The following source columns can be added to a budget view:
- Budget Unit Cost
- Budget UOM
- Budget Unit Qty
- Direct Costs Unit Qty
- Prime Unit Qty
A new "Number" calculated column is also available. This column treats entries in the column as normal number amounts, rather than dollar amounts or percentage amounts. For example, if you create this column on your budget and then enter the number 10 as an entry in this column, you can use that number as a multiplier in a budget line calculation (e.g. $1,000 times 10 equals $10,000). For more information about creating calculated columns, see Set Up a New Budget View.
- Navigate to the company Admin tool.
- Click Budget under Tool Settings in the side panel.
- Click the view that you want to add the column to. If you do not yet have a view created, see Set up a New Budget View.
- Click the Configure Columns button.
- If you have not already added unit of measure columns, click the Enable Unit of Measure button. Clicking this button will add the Budget Unit Quantity, Budget UOM, and Budget Unit Cost Columns to your standard budget columns.
- Click + Create Source Column.
Click Create in the top right corner and select Source.
- Type a name for your column.
- Select a unit quantity budget column from the Column Source menu.
- Configure options for the column you selected by marking the check boxes for the column, and then click the Create button at the bottom of the window.
- Click the X button to close the window when you are done working with it. The new column will now appear on your budget view, and it will also be available to create calculated columns with.