To add custom observation types that are aligned with your company's needs.
By default, Procore offers five categories of observations with specific observation types within each category. You can add, delete, and edit custom and default observation types in the Company level Admin tool. See What are the default observation types used for?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the company's Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- Any changes made to this page will be reflected on the create page of an observation in the Project level Observations tool. See Observations.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Administrative Settings, click Observation Types Configuration.
This opens the Observation Types Configuration page (Note: The existing category names cannot be modified: Commissioning, Quality, Safety, Warranty, or Work to Complete.)
- Enter in a new observation type under the relevant category.
- Click +Add.
The system adds the new observation type to the selected category.