To add configured observation fieldsets to one or more projects.
Admin users can configure fieldsets and field options for the Observations tool. This determines what fields and options are available for project team member's using the Observations tool. A fieldset is a group of fields that determines whether data entry is optional, required, or hidden from view when team members create or edit an item. A field option is a selection that appears in a drop-down list in the Observations tool.
There are two types of configurations that can be applied to each field set:
- Procore Default. These are the default settings and specify whether data entry is optional, required, or hidden from view when creating or editing an item.
- Company Default. If you choose to use the steps below to configure a company-specific fieldset, these will be applied to all new projects and any existing projects that you specify.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- Configured observation fieldsets will override Procore's default observation fieldsets in the project level Observations tool.
- Once added to your project(s), configured observation fieldsets are accessible on Procore's web and mobile applications.
- By default, your configured observations fieldsets will apply to all new projects.
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Tool Settings,' select Observations.
- Click the Fieldsets tab.
- Locate the configured fieldset category you want to apply to projects.
- In the 'Active Overview' column, click the Projects link that corresponds to the fieldset you want to remove.
Note: The numbers in this link show the number of projects that have the fieldsets applied out of the total number of projects.
- Mark the checkboxes next to the projects you want to add the configured fieldsets for.
Mark the checkbox next to 'Select All' to select all projects.
- Click Update.