Feature Announced: June 2019
Updated Process on Mobile for Sending Punch List Items
The Procore iOS and Android mobile apps will soon offer the functionality to review which punch list items are ready to be sent, and decide which of those items to send out.
This product release is part of a larger initiative to improve the punch list sending process by providing greater visibility and control for managing punch list items. The full functionality will be segmented across a few smaller releases on the iOS and Android applications (detailed below).
This feature will initially only be available on mobile, but the capabilities for reviewing punch list items to send will also be coming to the Punch List tool on web.
Initial Release: Ability to Decide Which Punch List Items to Send
The Procore iOS and Android mobile apps will soon provide the functionality to review which punch list items are ready to be sent and decide exactly which items to send out.
- There will be an 'Action Required' banner detailing the number of punch list items ready to be sent. Instead of only having an option to send all the items, there will be a link to review them.
- When reviewing the list of items, you will see the name, number, 'Ball in Court' user, status, and due date of each item. You can select and deselect individual items by tapping on them, or tap 'Select All' to select all items.
- After you tap 'Send,' the selected items will immediately be sent, and any items that were not selected will be able to be reviewed and sent through the banner again later.
View Punch List Items with Missing Assignees and Add Assignees to Them
This update will provide visibility into which punch list items are missing assignees, and allow you to select one or more assignees to add to the items so that you can send them out.
- If there is a punch list item that cannot be sent because it does not have an Assignee, the item will be grayed out and have the following warning message displayed: 'Can't Send - Assignees missing.'
- You will be able to tap on the item to select assignees from contacts, companies, or groups in the project.
- After selecting one or more assignees to add to the punch list item, you will be able to send the item as usual.
New Views for Punch List Items
The Punch List tool in the mobile app will be updated to have two different views available for viewing punch list items, 'Ball in Court Items' and 'All Items.' These views will be accessible above the punch list items and can be toggled between at any time.
- The Ball in Court view will act as a checklist, displaying only the items that currently require your action.
- The All Items view will show all punch list items in the project that you have permission to view.
Note: You will still be able to search for punch list items using the search bar in either of these views.
- Create a Punch List Item (iOS) / Create a Punch List Item (Android)
- Search and Filter the Punch List (iOS) / Search and Filter the Punch List (Android)
- Send Punch List Items (iOS) / Send Punch List Items (Android)
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.