This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Beta Announced: Monday, September 27, 2021 | Beta Released: Thursday, September 20, 2021 | Feature Released: Coming Soon!
New Change Events Experience
Procore is pleased to announce the upcoming beta release of a new opt-in Change Events experience. This update includes a modernized user interface for creating, updating, and reviewing change events. The new experience has also been optimized to increase efficiency and provide users with more intuitive interactions. In addition, this update also lays the necessary groundwork to provide Project Financials users with future updates, enhancements, and integrations.
For this release, the updates include:
- A new experience for creating, editing, and reviewing a change event. The Change Events tool's new user interface has a simplified single-page card layout that makes it easier to create, edit, and review a change event and its line items. You can now enter basic change event detail in the 'General Information' card and then add specific financial data on the new 'Line Items' card.
- A new 'Line Items' card that works with Procore's budget codes. A new 'Line Items' card maintains the experience your team currently uses to keep track of the financial implications that potential changes may have on your project. The new card also lists all of a change event's line items on a single page, so users no longer have to jump between pages to see all of the line items associated with the event. In addition, Procore has added a 'Total' row at the bottom of the 'Line Items' table, which allows users to see the total cost of a change event.
- An updated 'Origin' field now supports the Project level Correspondence tool. You can now select a correspondence item as an origin for a change when creating or editing a change event. This new option allows you to select the appropriate correspondence type and any correspondence items related to that type.
- An updated Attach Files area. Using the new 'Attach Files' control on a change event lets you quickly upload documents from your computer or network.
- In this release, Procore has also:
- Changed the required user permissions when cloning a change event from users with 'Admin' level permissions to users with 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the Change Events tool. See (Beta) Clone Change Events.
- Removed the 'Void' button from the Change Events tool, because Procore users typically choose to move unneeded change events to the Recycle Bin with the Delete button. In addition, the 'Void' status continues to be available in the 'Status' drop-down list. See (Beta) Delete Change Events.
- In this release, Procore has also:
About the New Beta Experience
- How do I opt-in and -out of the beta experience?
- How long will I have access to the previous experience?
- Where can I go to learn more?
How do I opt-in and -out of the Beta experience?
Users will have the option of switching between the existing and beta versions of the Change Events tool until late October/early November 2021, when the Beta version is expected to be generally available in Procore's production environment.
- To opt-in to the beta experience: After navigating to the Project level Change Events tool, open any change event. At the top of the change event's page, click the Enable Change Events Beta button.
- To provide feedback and to return to the existing experience: After navigating to the Project level Change Events tool, open any change event. Next, click the Exit Beta button pictured below. If you want to provide Procore with any feedback about the Beta experience, you can also click the Provide Feedback button to open a feedback form where you can type your comments.
How long will I have access to the previous experience?
Procore will begin gradually releasing the new beta experience to Procore Project Financials customers starting on Tuesday, September 28, 2021. The beta phase is expected to last approximately four (4) weeks and will conclude on or around Friday, November 1, 2021. After the beta, Procore users will no longer be able to switch back to the previous Change Events experience.
Where can I go to learn more?
To learn more about the new beta experience, please read the tutorials marked '(Beta)' on the 'Tutorials' tab of the Change Events landing page.