Feature Announced: October 19, 2018
Feature Released: December 10, 2018
Added the Ability to Export Sub Jobs
Procore is pleased to announce that users whose company account's have enabled the ERP Integrations tool for Procore + Sage 300 CRE® (see Sage 300 CRE) can now export sub jobs.
What is a sub job?
For organizations that perform job cost accounting, you can also add sub jobs to Procore projects (see Add a Sub Job to a Procore Project). A sub job is best described as a portion of a Procore project that allows users to compartmentalize job costs within the project. Some reasons for creating a sub job in Procore include:
- To track buildings, floors, areas (and so on) as separate line items within the project budget.
- To track change orders as separate line items within the project budget.
- To track follow-up or finishing work for the project.
- You are a commercial building contractor building a multi-story office tower. You might want to add sub jobs to the project to track the costs for building out each floor.
- You are a federal construction contractor building a large healthcare & hospital campus with numerous specialty complexes on base (i.e., A Rehabilitation Center, a Family Birth Center, an Eye Institute, an Oncology Treatment Center, and a Robotic Surgery Complex). You might want to add sub jobs to track the progress and costs for each specialty building and/or complex.
How do I export a sub job?
To export a Sub Job to Sage 300 CRE®, complete these tasks:
- Add a Sub Job to a Procore Project
- Send a Sub Job to ERP Integrations for Accounting Acceptance
Note: If you need to retrieve the sub job before it is reviewed by an accounting approver, see Retrieve a Sub Job from ERP Integrations Before Acceptance.
- Accept or Reject a Sub Job for Export to Sage 300 CRE
- If the accounting approver accepts the Sub Job, the system exports it to Sage 300 CRE.
- If the accounting approver rejects the Sub Job, you can edit it as needed and then resend it for approval: