This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Pilot Started: 11/18/2020 | Beta Started: 11/4/2021 | Beta Updated: 2/7/2022
Feature Release Announced: 3/21/2022 | Feature Released: 3/23/2022 | Announcement Updated: 8/9/2022
Financial Management: New Collaborator View for the Invoicing Tool
Procore is pleased to announce the general availability of a new beta experience for subcontractor invoices. With this new release, you can preview Procore's redesigned invoice creation experience. The collaborator experience is designed for external invoice contacts. You can now provide invoices with access permissions to a contract on a Procore project and then invite them to submit their own subcontractor invoices. To send an invoice contact and invite, see Send an 'Invite to Bill' to an Invoice Contact.
Features provided in the new collaborator view for subcontractor invoicing include:
- Simplified Invoice Entry & Submission for Collaborators
- Improved Schedule of Values
- Collapsible Summary Preview
- Configure Separate Billing on Commitments
- Related to this update, Procore is also announcing the general availability of the New Admin View for Subcontractor Invoices. Together, these releases streamline the entire project invoicing process — creating, editing, previewing, submitting, and reviewing subcontractor invoices.
- On March 23, 2022, Procore's new subcontractor invoice beta experience will be turned ON in all project's using the Commitments and Invoicing tools. To give you time to preview the design changes, Procore is providing users with the option to switch between the new experience and the legacy experience until February 2023. After February 2023, the ability exit out of the beta experience will be removed and Procore's legacy experience will no longer be available to end users. To learn how to switch between experiences, see New Admin View for Subcontractor Invoices.
Simplified Invoice Entry & Submission for Collaborators
A redesigned 'New Invoice' page provides your contract's invoice contacts with a simplified layout, consistent formatting, and a reduced number of data entry fields to streamline the invoice entry requirements. Collaborators also have the option to save their updates as a draft to complete updates later or to simply click Send to submit their invoice for review. See Submit a New Invoice as an Invoice Contact. Automatic calculations also simplify data entry for progress billing, so your project's collaborators can submit accurate bills based on their work progress, to track work completed against the plan, while expediting payments to collaborators with regular installments.
Improved Schedule of Values
Invoice contacts can update SOV entries inline with an updated column layout. Columns continue to perform invoice and contract-to-date calculations to reduce errors. The SOV allows collaborators to quickly update and track retainage on percentage-of-completion contracts. See Submit a New Invoice as an Invoice Contact. The SOV can also be configured at the contract level to support billing for stored materials, to help you and your collaborators ensure that materials are purchased, stored, and available for the job when needed. The updated form can also be configured to calculate retainage on an ongoing basis, which is helpful when contracts require you to hold back a different retainage percentage for progress vs. materials. See Configure Separate Billing for Stored Materials on Commitments.
Collapsible Summary Preview
A new collapsible summary gives your collaborators the ability to preview how their data entry affects their invoices. The summary view is available when invoice contacts are viewing an invoice. To learn more, see Preview a Subcontractor Invoice.
Configure Separate Billing for Stored Materials on Commitments
For commitment contracts that require billing for stored materials, invoice administrators can turn an 'Enable Billing Separately for Stored Materials' check box at the commitment level. On the contract's 'Advanced Settings' tab, these new settings allow you to control how entries in the 'New Materials' column behave from invoice to invoice.
When you mark the new checkbox, the Invoicing tool automatically sets the value of the entry in the 'New Materials' column to zero (0) on the first invoice so that the invoice contact can update the entry to the appropriate value. It also adds a 'Materials Stored' column to the right of the 'New Materials' column. When a subsequent invoice is created, the value entered in the 'New Materials' column is reset to zero (0), and the value previously entered in the 'New Materials' column is automatically moved to the 'Materials Stored' column.
For more details, see How do I bill for stored materials in a subcontractor invoice?
The new collaborator view works with the existing Invoicing workflow.