Feature Announced: February 27, 2019
Announcement Updated: March 14, 2019
Feature Announced: May 1, 2019
Sync QuickBooks® Bill Pay with Payments Issued in Procore's Commitments Tool
For companies that have configured the ERP Integrations tool to work with QuickBooks®, project users now provides users with the ability to enter bill payments in QuickBooks® against bills synced from Procore and then export those payments into Procore. With this new feature, you can import the specified QuickBooks® payments into the Payments Issued tab for subcontracts and purchase orders in the Commitments tool. Prior to this feature release, Procore customers were required to manually enter this data into both Procore and QuickBooks®. To use this feature, your company's Procore account requires the following:
- The ERP Integrations tool must be configured for QuickBooks®. See QuickBooks: Setup Guide.
- The Export Subcontractor Invoices feature must be enabled. See How do I setup the subcontractor invoices feature for Procore + QuickBooks?
- The Commitments tool must be active on the desired project(s). Add and Remove Project Tools.
- The Payments Issued tab must also be enabled in the Project level Commitments tool. See Enable the Payments Issued Tab.
- To configure this feature see, Configure the Sync Payments for Synced Invoices Setting.
Why is this important?
This feature was developed in response to user feedback and will provide the following benefits for end users:
- Eliminate the need to perform double-entry in Procore and QuickBooks®. Prior to this update, users needed to perform manual data entry for payments in both QuickBooks and Procore.
- Improve your team's visibility into payment status. This update provides your project teams with more transparency about payment status. Now, both project managers and subcontractors who have billings can use the Procore web application to determine if payments have been completed.
Procore will sync payments made against synced subcontractor invoices from QuickBooks® to create an entry in the Payment Issued tab of a commitment. The feature will support these payment scenarios:
- General Contractor completes either a partial or full payment for one (1) invoice with one (1) check or credit card.
- General Contractor completes either a partial or full payment for more than one (1) invoice with one (1) check or credit card.
- Sync QuickBooks® Bill Pay with Payments Issued in Commitments
- Configure the Sync Schedule for QuickBooks
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact email@example.com.