This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Announced: May 14, 2020 / Feature Released: Coming Soon!
This documentation details prerelease software. Its accuracy and reliability is not guaranteed by Procore Technologies, Inc. and it is subject to change without notice. It is being provided online for preliminary evaluation prior to an upcoming release. Procore is not responsible for and expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to this documentation and will not be responsible for any harm, loss, costs, or damages incurred due to its use.
Create Custom Fields for the Project Level Documents Tool
Procore is adding the ability for Company Admins to create custom fields for the Documents tool. This will allow your company to add additional fields that can be filled out in a project's Documents tool. See Create New Custom Fields.
This release is part of a larger initiative to allow for more customization in the Documents tool. This initial release will be limited to adding custom fields to use in the Project level Documents tool. The following functionality is NOT included in this release, but will be introduced at a later date:
- Configuring existing and custom fields as required, optional, or hidden.
- Filtering by and searching for custom fields that have been created for the Documents tool.
- Support for custom fields and configurable fieldsets in the mobile app.
Custom fields for the Documents tool will need to be created in the Company level Admin tool. After entering a name for a custom field, you will be able to choose from the following field types for data entry:
- Text: The field will be a free text field.
- Decimal: The field will allow a number value to be entered.
- True/False: The field will be a checkbox that can be marked or cleared.
- Single Select: The field will be a drop-down menu that allows users to select one value.
- Multi Select: The field will be a drop-down menu that allows users to select multiple values.
In order to apply custom fields to the Documents tool for one or more projects, you will first need to add them to a configurable fieldset. At this time, all fields for a Documents tool fieldset will be optional for data entry, and cannot be hidden or marked as required. While you can create as many custom fields as you would like, only 10 can be applied to a fieldset at a time. The fieldset can then be applied to any projects that you want the custom fields to be reflected in. See Apply Configurable Fieldsets to Projects.