This documentation details prerelease software. Its accuracy and reliability is not guaranteed by Procore Technologies, Inc. and it is subject to change without notice. It is being provided online for preliminary evaluation prior to an upcoming release. Procore is not responsible for and expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to this documentation and will not be responsible for any harm, loss, costs, or damages incurred due to its use.
Announced: February 26, 2019
Updated: August 14, 2019
Construction Financials: Enhanced Line Item Update Experience
Procore will be updating the following tools to provide users with a more modern and consistent user experience when adding line items to these project tools:
- Change Events
- Change Orders
- Direct Costs
- Prime Contracts *
* To receive this update on your project's Prime Contract Change Orders (PCCOs), the project's Change Events tool must be enabled.
The following animated image shows you what the enhanced line item update experience will look like in the Change Events tool. The experience will be consistent in the other Procore tools being updated.
Why is this important?
This update is designed to provide end users with a more modern and consistent experience when adding financial line items. The new line item experience provides users with a method for streamlining data entry as follows:
- Create a new budget code on-the-fly. Instead of using three (3) different drop-down lists to define the Sub Job, Cost Code, and Cost Type, you can now click a button to create the association on-the-fly.
- Reduce the number of mouse clicks required to create a line item:
- Use keyboard strokes to add, update, and delete line items.
- Press the TAB key to move to the next cell.
- Scroll actions are now more responsive.
- Scroll up and down to switch the system focus between line item rows.
- Change the row numbering and sort order without having to use a drag-and-drop operation.
- Add a new line item above or below and existing item (Note: The existing option to add a new line item at the bottom on the list remains in the Procore web application).
- Edit line item values in-line using the View/Save pages.