This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Released: August 12, 2021 | Feature Updated: October 9, 2021
Configure Fieldsets for Commitments and Prime Contracts
Users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool can create configurable fieldsets for the project's Commitments and Prime Contracts tools to designate which fields are required, optional, or hidden within projects. See Create New Configurable Fieldsets.
For lists of fields that are configurable on these tools, see Which fields in the Commitments tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden? and Which fields in the Prime Contracts tool can be configured as required, optional, or hidden?
Did your company develop a custom solution for your contracts? If your company has previously engaged the Procore Custom Solutions team to develop a custom form that includes one (1) or more custom field(s), Procore's Migration Team will be transferring your legacy custom fields and creating a new fieldset with your custom settings. As long as you do NOT change the migrated field settings or fieldset(s), the function(s) of your legacy custom solution(s) will be unaffected by this update.
- To learn more about the effect of this release on your legacy custom solution, review What effect will the custom fields and configurable fieldsets release have on our legacy custom solutions?
- If your company has a legacy custom form in place, it continues to be subject to the existing limitations. See What are the limitations of custom forms?
Create Custom Fields for Commitments and Prime Contracts
Procore has added the ability to create custom fields in the Company level Admin tool for the project's Commitments and Prime Contracts tools. These custom fields will function like other fields in Procore and can be included in the Company and Project level Reports tools. See Create New Custom Fields.
Users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool can create custom fields from either the Custom Fields tab or from within a configurable fieldset (new or existing) from the Fieldsets tab in the Contracts tool settings pages in the Company level Admin tool. Custom fields need to be added to a configurable fieldset in order to be used on one or more projects. See Create New Configurable Fieldsets and Edit Configurable Fieldsets.
- Custom fields must have unique names.
- After they are created, custom fields can be added to any new or existing fieldset for supported tools.
- Only one Commitment and one Prime Contracts fieldset can be added to each project.
- The Commitments and Prime Contracts fieldsets can each have a maximum of 30 custom fields.
- Custom fields can be removed from configurable fieldsets, but this does not remove the data associated with that field. See Remove Custom Fields from Configurable Fieldsets.
- Custom fields are available via Procore's API (Read/Write) and custom reporting at the Company and Project level.
- Custom fields for the Commitments and Prime Contracts fieldsets are reportable in Procore Analytics.
Create Custom Sections for Commitments and Prime Contracts
In addition to custom fields, Procore has added the ability to create custom sections for the project's Commitments and Prime Contracts tools. Custom sections allow you to group custom fields together in one or more separate, user-defined sections. Custom sections will be displayed below the Additional Information sections on commitments and prime contracts. See Create Custom Sections.
- What are configurable fieldsets and which Procore tools support them?
- What are custom fields and which Procore tools support them?
- What are custom sections and which Procore tools support them?
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.