To send new (i.e., 'unsynced') cost codes that have been added to the 'Yardi Voyager® Standard Cost Codes' list in the company's Admin tool to the ERP Integrations tool, where it can then be accepted for export to Yardi Voyager® by an accounting approver.
If you have added new cost codes to the 'Yardi Voyager® Standard Cost Codes' list in the company's Admin tool, those codes will need to be exported before they can be used on projects integrated with Yardi Voyager®. To do this, you must first send the new codes to the company's ERP Integrations tool where it can then be accepted by an accounting approver.
Important! Anytime you add one (1) or more new cost code(s) to the 'Yardi Voyager® Standard Cost Codes' list in Procore, it is recommend that you always export those new codes to your integrated Yardi Voyager® system before attempting to export data that are associated with those codes from other Procore tools (e.g., Budget, Commitments, Change Orders, and so on).
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' user permissions on the company's Admin tool.
- Required ERP System:
- A supported edition of Yardi Voyager®. See Supported Editions.
- The ERP Integrations tool must be enabled for the company. See Request to Enable the ERP Integration for Yardi Voyager®.
- Complete the steps in Add New Yardi Voyager® Standard Cost Codes to Procore's Company Level Admin Tool.
- Your Procore Cost Codes must tie back to your Yardi Voyager® Cost Categories in a specific way. The digits in your Procore Cost Code must match the Yardi Voyager® Cost Category exactly.
- You can 'split' your Procore Cost Code (i.e., choose the number of digits in the Division) in any way you choose, but you cannot have more than one folder for Cost Codes linked to Yardi Voyager®. Only two-tiered Cost Codes are supported.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Administrative Settings, click Cost Codes.
- Ensure that you have added the desired cost codes
- Scroll down and click Send to ERP.
- If the button is grayed-out and unavailable, hover the mouse cursor over the button to view a tooltip describing the reason the button is not available. Typically, this is because the page needs to be refreshed.
- If you have previously sent information from the Admin tool to the ERP Integrations tool, the button on the label will read Re-send to ERP.
This sends the new (i.e., 'unsynced') cost code(s) to the ERP Integrations tool where it can then be accepted or rejected for export to Yardi Voyager® by an accounting approver.