This documentation details alpha, beta, and other prerelease software, and its accuracy and reliability is not guaranteed by Procore Technologies, Inc. It is being provided online for internal use and evaluation by authorized Procore Beta Participants only. To determine if your company is a Procore Beta Participant, please contact your ProcoreProcore point of contact . Procore is not responsible for and expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to this documentation and will not be responsible for any harm, loss, costs, or damages incurred due to its use.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' permissions on the project's Commitments tool.
Before you can send a commitment to the ERP Integrations tool, it must satisfy these prerequisites:
- ID Number. Must be 30 characters or less. This is a Viewpoint Vista limitation.
- Title. For Viewpoint Vista, the title must be 60 characters or less. See What is the maximum character length for a commitment's 'Title'?
- Contract Company. Must be linked to a synced Viewpoint Vista vendor. See Link a Viewpoint for Vista Vendor to a Procore Company.
- Status. For purchase orders, the status must be set to 'Approved'. For subcontracts, the status must be set to 'Approved' or 'Complete.'
- Schedule of Values (SOV). Must include at least one (1) line item with a Viewpoint Vista cost code (Note: You can only add a line item to the commitment's SOV if its linked to an existing cost code and category).
- Additional Information:
- If desired, you can configure your default settings to use your Procore Contract Number for an exported commitment's Viewpoint Vista ID field. If enabled, the Viewpoint Vista ID will auto-populate with the Procore Contract Number, however, the value can still be edited (Note: Enabling this setting requires 'Admin' level permission on the ERP Integrations tool. See Configure General ERP Settings).
- Typically, the project manager sends a commitment for accounting acceptance and another user (typically an accountant who has been granted the 'Can Push to Accounting' privilege will then accept the commitment for export to the ERP system or reject it to return the commitment to an editable state in the Commitments tool.
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
This reveals the Commitments page.
- Locate the desired commitment and click Edit.
If your company has enabled the ERP Integrations tool for use with an integrated ERP system, color-coded icons and ribbons appear in relevant areas of Procore. This visually highlights your system's ERP integration data, to help you quickly identify its current state.
ICON RIBBON COLOR DEFINITION YELLOW Data that was sent ERP Integrations tool for approval has been retrieved from the tool by an end user.
Data that was sent to the ERP Integrations tool has been rejected for export to the integrated ERP system by an accounting approver.
GREEN Data is synced with a third-party ERP system. BLUE Data been sent to the ERP Integrations tool and is waiting for accounting approver to accept it for export to the integrated ERP system. GREEN When a user is designated as an accounting approver, this badge appears next to his or her user profile in the Company and Project Directory.
- Modify the commitment as needed.
- Make sure your specified values do not exceed the Viewpoint Vista character limits for each field.
Important! Before you can export a commitment from Procore to Viewpoint Vista, it must satisfy the following requirements:
- ID Number: Must be 30 characters or less. See What is the maximum character length for a commitment's 'Number (#)'?
- Title: Must be 60 characters or less. See What is the maximum character length for a commitment's 'Title'?
- Contract Company. Must be linked to a synced Viewpoint Vista vendor. See Link a Sage Vendor to a Procore Company.
- Status. For purchase orders, the status must be set to 'Approved'. For subcontracts, the status can be set to 'Approved' (this is the recommended setting) or 'Complete.'
- Schedule of Values (SOV). Must include at least one (1) line item with a Viewpoint Vista\ cost code (Note: You can only add a line item to the commitment's SOV if its linked to an existing cost code and category).
Click Send to ERP.
- If the Send to ERP (or Re-send to ERP) button is grayed out and unavailable, hover your cursor over the question mark (?) to learn why. Typically, its because the project's ERP data has not yet been synced or because the item does not meet the minimum requirements (see above).
- If the Retrieve from ERP button appears, the data has already been sent to the ERP Integrations tool.
- The system sends the commitment to the ERP Integrations tool and locks it in the Commitments tool (i.e., to prevent users from editing it) before the accounting approver can review it:
- Contract Company. You cannot edit the company.
- Title. You cannot edit the commitment's title.
- Status. You cannot edit the status of the commitment.
- Default Retainage. You cannot edit the percentage value in the commitment).