To import an original estimate from Viewpoint Vista into Procore's Budget tool.
If you have created an original estimate in Viewpoint Vista and want to import that data into the Budget tool on your company's Procore project, you can use the Steps below. After a successful import, you can update the budget in Procore. If you would prefer to update the budget in Viewpoint Vista, you must unlock the budget in Procore (see Unlock a Budget). Then follow the steps in Re-import an Original Estimate from Viewpoint Vista.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' level permission or higher on the ERP Integrations tool.
- The original estimate must be established in Viewpoint Vista prior to the import.
- The Budget tool must be enabled as an active tab on the project.
- The Viewpoint Vista job must be added and synced with the Procore project. See Add a Viewpoint Vista Job to Procore.
- The project's budget must be unlocked. See Unlock a Budget.
- Additional Information:
- If a Cost Code/Cost Type combination exists on the job in Viewpoint Vista, its cost estimate must be greater than zero (>$0) in order to create a budget line item in Procore.
- Any updates on the original estimate that have been entered in Viewpoint Vista will be moved to Procore during the import (or re-import) process.
- Navigate to the company's ERP Integrations tool.
This reveals the Viewpoint Vista page.
- Click the Budgets tab.
The Viewpoint Vista Ready to Import page appears. This page lists budgets by Project Name and Total Estimate.
- Find the synced project budget to import in the Ready to be Imported list. Then click Import.
- If the Import button is grayed out and unavailable, the budget is locked. If you hover over the inactive button, a tooltip appears to explain the reason.
- To unlock it, see Unlock a Budget.
If the project already has an existing item in the budget, choose one of the following options in the Warning message that appears:
Override Existing Line Items. If you want to override the line items that exist in the Budget tool with the line items being imported into Procore from Viewpoint Vista, choose this option.
Keep Existing Line Items And Additional Cost Estimates. If you want to keep all of the existing budget line in the project's Budgets tool and also want to add any additional cost estimates from Viewpoint Vista (which have been assigned to cost code/categories and do not yet exist in Procore), choose this option.
(Note: If you need to review the Procore budget in order to choose an option, click the PDF button to review the existing line items).
Make your selection and click Import.
Note: Depending on the size of the budget and the speed of your network connection, it may take several minutes to import the budget from Viewpoint Vista. An "Importing…Please be patient, this may take a few minutes." message appears while the import is in progress.
Navigate to the project's Budget tool and verify that the data import was successful.