To set up the Procore + Sage 300 CRE® integration to import tax groups from Sage 300 CRE® to use with Procore's tax code feature.
In Sage 300 CRE®, a tax group is used to calculate the tax rates on both purchase and sales transactions.
During your company's Procore + Sage 300 CRE® implementation process, a Integration Implementation Specialist will work with your Procore Administrator to configure the tax group and tax rate configuration settings in the hh2 synchronization client. See Setup the hh2 Synchronization client for Importing Sage 300 CRE® Tax Groups.
Once imported into Procore, Sage 300 CRE® tax groups are called tax codes and your project team members can begin adding tax codes to a variety of different line items in Procore's financial tools:
- Commitments (i.e., Purchase Orders and Subcontracts)
- Change Orders (i.e., Purchase Order and Subcontract Change Orders)
To learn more about how tax codes can be applied in Procore's financial tools, see How can I use tax codes on a project?
Things to Consider
Required User Permissions
- 'Admin' on the Company Directory
- Create one (1) or more tax group(s) in Sage 300 CRE®. A tax group can contain multiple tax rates.
Procore + Sage 300 CRE® Information
- Always create your tax groups in Sage 300 CRE®.
- Sage 300 CRE® tax groups can contain multiple rates.
- When applying a tax group with multiple rates to a line item, the tax code in Procore will be calculated on as a cumulative sum of all of that group's rates.
- The steps for adding a tax code to a commitment or Commitment Change Order (CCO) line item is the same for both ERP-integrated and non-integrated Procore companies.
- When exporting a PDF Invoice from Procore, the system will calculate and display the Tax Type subtotal in the same manner for both integrated and non-integrated Procore companies
Before you use the steps below, ensure that you have created the desired tax groups in Sage 300 CRE® and confirm that your Integration Implementation Specialist has completed the required tax configuration steps and turned the feature ON in the Procore + Sage 300 CRE® microservice.
After completing the tasks in the Important note above, do the following:
Enable the Tax Code Settings in Procore
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
- Under Project Settings, click Tax Codes.
- Place a mark in the Use Tax Code Settings checkbox.
- Click Save.
Note: Your Integration Implementation Specialist will also need to enable an export setting in the Sage 300 CRE® microservice.
Activate the Tax Codes Feature on a Procore Project
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
- Click General.
- Under Advanced Project Settings, place a mark in the Use Tax Codes check box.
- Select the desired code from the Default Tax Code box.
- Click Update.