If a commitment has previously been sent to the ERP Integrations tool for accounting acceptance, the accountant has the option to submit a 'Reject' response. When rejected, the accountant typically includes a reason summarizing the issue(s) that must be corrected to achieve acceptance. Procore also sends an email to alert the person who created the commitment (see Create a Commitment) and to the person who sent the commitment to the ERP Integrations tool for accounting acceptance (see Send a Commitment to ERP for QuickBooks).
The next step is to address the reasons for the rejection in an updated commitment (see Edit a Commitment Synced with QuickBooks). Once the issues are addressed, you can use the steps below to resend the commitment to the ERP Integrations tool for acceptance by the accounting approver.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Commitments tool.
- The ERP Integrations tool for QuickBooks must be configured. See QuickBooks: Setup Guide.
- The Commitments tool must be an active tab on the project. See Enable the Commitments Tool.
- Any issues leading to accountant's rejection should be addressed in an updated commitment. See Edit a Commitment Synced with QuickBooks.
- Additional Information:
- After the commitment is re-sent, the designated accountant is alerted by an automated email notification from Procore with the subject line 'ERP Integrations Daily Summary.' This is in addition to the automated email notification
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
This reveals the Commitments page.
- If it is not active, click the Commitments List subtab.
This shows the 'Committed Contract' totals and the 'Commitmed - Summary' list.
- In the 'Commtted-Summary' list, locate the rejected commitment.
If your company has enabled the ERP Integrations tool for use with an integrated ERP system, color-coded icons and ribbons appear in relevant areas of Procore. This visually highlights your system's ERP integration data, to help you quickly identify its current state.
ICON RIBBON COLOR DEFINITION YELLOW Data that was sent ERP Integrations tool for approval has been retrieved from the tool by an end user.
Data that was sent to the ERP Integrations tool has been rejected for export to the integrated ERP system by an accounting approver.
GREEN Data is synced between Procore and an integrated ERP system. BLUE Data was sent to the ERP Integrations tool and is waiting for accounting approver to accept it for export to the integrated ERP system. GREEN When a user is designated as an accounting approver, this badge appears next to his or her user profile in the Company and Project Directory.
- Click Edit and fix any issues noted in the accountant's 'Reject' response. See Edit a Commitment Synced with QuickBooks.
- Click Re-send to ERP.
This sends the commitment back to the ERP Integrations tool to be accepted or rejected for export by an accounting approver.