To link active QuickBooks® vendors to their matching company listing in your Procore account's Company level Directory so that you can create commitments in Procore and push them to QuickBooks®.
To learn more about the recommended way of consolidating your QuickBooks® vendors with your Procore Company level Directory, see Consolidate and Link Vendors to Companies.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Directory tool.
- Complete the steps in Consolidate Duplicate Companies in the Company Directory.
- It’s strongly recommended that you first link any QuickBooks® vendors that already exist in your Procore account’s company directory before adding new entries.
- You only need to link active QuickBooks® vendors that will be used in new constructions jobs/projects that will be managed in Procore. Inactive QuickBooks® vendors should be archived. See Archive a QuickBooks® Vendor in ERP.
- Once a vendor in QuickBooks® is linked to a company in Procore, any changes to address information is not synced between the two systems because a company's billing address might be different than the mailing address that a project manager uses to contact the company/vendor for project-related correspondences.
- Navigate to the company's ERP Integrations tool.
- Click the Vendors subtab.
- Mark the "Show suggested Procore matches" filter checkbox to quickly find QuickBooks® vendors that have an exact name match with an existing company in your account's Procore directory.
- If all the suggested matches look correct, click the Link All button. If the suggested match is incorrect, ignore the match by temporarily moving it to the "Archived" filter. (Note: The search filter is based upon the Name field and is not case-sensitive.)(Optional) If the QuickBooks® vendor is not going to be used in any new jobs/projects, click the 'Archive' icon.
- After all of the suggested matches are linked, remove the mark from the Show Suggested Matches in Procore checkbox.
(Note: Now that you’ve linked all the easy matches, the next step is to match a QuickBooks® vendor with an existing company in your Procore account’s directory that didn’t show up as a suggested match in the previous step. For example, there might be a slight discrepancy in a company’s name. Find a QuickBooks® company that you want to link and click Link to Existing Company. Type the name of the company. If a similar entry exists, you should be able to find it. In the example screenshot below, the ‘&’ vs. ‘and’ caused the existing company to not appear as a “suggested match.” In such cases, finding the logical match should be relatively easy to determine).
When you find a correct match, select it and click Link.
The next step is to Add a QuickBooks® Vendor to the Company Directory.