To consolidate your list of vendors in your QuickBooks® Desktop and Procore directories so that there are no duplicates and that active QuickBooks® Desktop vendors can be linked to their matching entry in Procore.
Now that all of your QuickBooks® Desktop data is visible in Procore, the next step is to consolidate your list of contacts. It’s important to remember that a “vendor” in QuickBooks® Desktop is equivalent to a “company” in Procore. Therefore, you must make sure that the vendors in your QuickBooks® Desktop account are accurately represented in your Procore Directory at the Company level. Remember, you only need to link the vendors and companies that you’re going to use in new construction projects that will be managed in Procore. If you have a large number of vendors in your QuickBooks® Desktop database that will not be involved in any new construction projects, it’s not necessary to establish an accurate link between your QuickBooks® Desktop and Procore directories. However, it is recommended that you archive those inactive QuickBooks® Desktop vendors in Procore.
It’s recommended that you consolidate your directories in the following order:
- Link to Existing Company: If a QuickBooks® Desktop vendor exists in Procore, you can link them together (Note: You can only link “active” companies in Procore).
- Add to Procore: If a QuickBooks® Desktop vendor does not exist in Procore, you can add it as a new company in the Procore account’s Company level directory and link them together.
- Archive: If a QuickBooks® Desktop vendor will not be used in any future jobs/projects managed with Procore, you can archive it. (Note: Archived vendors can easily be unarchived at any time).
- Add to QuickBooks® Desktop: If a company exists in your Procore account’s Company level directory, but does not exist in QuickBooks® Desktop, you can add the company as a new vendor in QuickBooks® Desktop and link them together.
Things to Consider
- It's strongly recommended that you first try to link any QuickBooks® Desktop vendors that already exist in your Procore account's Company Directory.