To import an original estimate from Viewpoint® Vista™ into Procore's Budget tool using the Integration by Ryvit.
If you have created an original estimate in Viewpoint® Vista™ and want to import that data into the Budget tool on your company's Procore project, you can use the Integration by Ryvit. After a successful import, you can then update the budget in Procore. If you would prefer to update the budget in Viewpoint® Vista™, you must unlock the budget in Procore (see Unlock a Budget). Then follow the steps in Integration by Ryvit: Re-import an Original Estimate from Viewpoint® Vista™ into Procore.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' permission or higher on the ERP Integrations tool.
- The original estimate must be posted in Viewpoint® Vista™ prior to performing the import.
- The Budget tool must be enabled on your Procore project. See Add and Remove Project Tools.
- The Viewpoint® Vista™ job must be added and synced with your Procore project. See Integration by Ryvit: Add a Viewpoint® Vista™ Job to Procore.
- The project's budget must be unlocked. See Unlock a Budget.
- The ERP Integrations tool does NOT sync 'Unit of Measure (UOM)' and 'Unit Qty' values between systems (see Which units of measure (UOM) are included on Procore's master list?). Currently, the Budget sync is amount-based only. This means you must manually enter the units in both Procore and in your intergrated ERP system.
- Additional Information:
- If a Cost Code/Cost Type combination exists on the job in Viewpoint® Vista™, its cost estimate must be greater than zero (>$0) in order to create a budget line item in Procore using the Integration by Ryvit
- Any updates on the original estimate that have been entered in Viewpoint® Vista™ will be moved to Procore during the import (or re-import) process with the Integration by Ryvit.
- Navigate to the company's ERP Integrations tool.
- Click the Budgets tab.
- Under Ready to Import, locate the synced original estimate that you want to import into Procore. Then click Import.
- If the Import button is grayed out, hover over the button to reveal a tooltip showing the reason it is unavailable.
- Ensure the budget is unlocked. See Unlock a Budget.
If the project already has an existing item in the budget, choose one of the following options in the Warning message that appears:
Override Existing Line Items. Choose this option if you want to override the line items that exist in the Budget tool with the line items being imported from Viewpoint® Vista™ by the Integration by Ryvit.
Keep Existing Line Items And Additional Cost Estimates. Choose this option if you want to keep all of the existing budget line in the project's Budgets tool and also want to add any additional cost estimates from Viewpoint® Vista™ (which have been assigned to cost code/categories and do not yet exist in Procore).
(Note: If you need to review the budget in order to choose an option, click the PDF button to review the existing line items).
Make your selection and click Import.
Note: Depending on the size of the original estimate and the speed of your network connection, it may take several minutes to import the original estimate from Integration by Ryvit. An "Importing…Please be patient, this may take a few minutes." message appears.
Navigate to the project's Budget tool and verify that the import was successful.
The Integration by Ryvit is the product of a partnership between Procore and Ryvit, a third-party developer. Viewpoint, Inc. is not affiliated with this connector. All Viewpoint® Vista™ marks and logos are owned by Viewpoint, Inc.