To resend a project's commitment to the ERP Integrations tool for accounting acceptance after the reason it was rejected for export to Viewpoint® Spectrum® is resolved.
If a commitment has previously been sent to the ERP Integrations tool for accounting acceptance, the accountant has the option to submit a 'Reject' response. When rejected, the accountant typically includes a reason summarizing the issue(s) that must be corrected to achieve acceptance. Procore also sends an email to alert the person who created the commitment (see Create a Commitment) and to the person who sent the commitment to the ERP Integrations tool for accounting acceptance. See Integration by Procore: Send a Commitment to ERP for Viewpoint® Spectrum®.
The next step is to address the reasons for the rejection in an updated commitment. See Integration by Procore: Edit a Commitment Synced with Viewpoint® Spectrum®. Once the issues are addressed, you can use the steps below to resend the commitment to the ERP Integrations tool for acceptance by the accounting approver.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Commitments tool.
- The ERP Integrations tool for Viewpoint® Spectrum® must be configured. See Viewpoint® Spectrum®: Setup Guide.
- Add the Commitments tool to the Project Tools menu. See Add and Remove Project Tools
- Resolve the reason(s) for the accounting approver's rejection. See Integration by Procore: Edit a Commitment Synced with Viewpoint® Spectrum®.
- Additional Information:
- After the commitment is re-sent, the designated accountant is alerted by an automated email notification from Procore with the subject line 'ERP Integrations Daily Summary.' This is in addition to the automated email notification
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
This reveals the Commitments page.
- If it is not active, click the Commitments List subtab.
This shows the 'Committed Contract' totals and the 'Commitmed - Summary' list.
- In the 'Commtted-Summary' list, locate the rejected commitment.
For companies using the ERP Integrations tool, color-coded icons and ribbons appear in relevant areas of Procore. This visually highlights your system's ERP integration data, to help you quickly identify its current state.
ICON RIBBON COLOR DEFINITION YELLOW Data that was sent ERP Integrations tool for approval has been retrieved from the tool by an end user.
Data that was sent to the ERP Integrations tool has been rejected for export to the integrated ERP system by an accounting approver.
GREEN Data is synced between Procore and an integrated ERP system. BLUE Data was sent to the ERP Integrations tool and is waiting for accounting approver to accept it for export to the integrated ERP system. GREEN When a user is designated as an accounting approver, this badge appears next to his or her user profile in the Company and Project Directory.
- Click Edit and fix any issues noted in the accountant's 'Reject' response. See Integration by Procore: Edit a Commitment Synced with Viewpoint® Spectrum®.
- Click Re-send to ERP.
This sends the commitment back to the ERP Integrations tool to be accepted or rejected for export by an accounting approver.