To re-import a budget from Viewpoint® Spectrum® into a Procore project using the ERP Integrations tool.
If you make changes to your budget in Viewpoint® Spectrum® , you will need to re-import that budget into Procore to ensure that the new data is captured in Procore. To do this, use the steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' level permission or higher on the ERP Integrations tool.
- The estimate entries in Viewpoint® Spectrum® must be posted.
- The budget must be finalized and locked in Viewpoint® Spectrum® prior to the import.
- The Budget tool must be enabled as an active tab on the project.
- The Viewpoint® Spectrum® job must be added and synced with the Procore project. See Integration by Procore: Add a Viewpoint® Spectrum® Job to Procore.
- The project's budget must be unlocked. See Unlock a Budget.
- Additional Information:
- The system only import items from Viewpoint® Spectrum® if there is a Job To Date cost and/or an Original Estimate amount.
- If a Cost Code/Category combination exists on the job in Viewpoint® Spectrum®, its cost estimate must be greater than zero (>$0) in order to create a budget line item in Procore.
Any updates to the Original Estimate that are posted in Viewpoint® Spectrum® will be moved to Procore when your Viewpoint® Spectrum® budget is imported (or re-imported) into Procore.
- Navigate to the ERP Integrations tool.
- Click the Budgets tab.
- Under 'Filter Estimates By', click Synced.
This reveals a list of cost estimates from Viewpoint® Spectrum® that have been successfully imported into Procore.
- Locate the desired cost estimate.
Note: Each line item shows the Viewpoint® Spectrum® Job ID, Project Name, and Original Estimate totals. This includes Current Viewpoint® Spectrum® Total, Current Procore Total, and New Procore Total On Re-Import.
- Click Re-import.
Note: If the Re-import button is grayed out and unavailable, see Unlock a Budget.
- In the 'Please Confirm' box that appears, click OK to confirm the re-import action.
The system will override the existing value on the existing Procore budget with the new value from Viewpoint® Spectrum® . A system message indicates the import is in progress and may take a few minutes. The Successfully Re-imported to Procore message appears when the process is complete.
- If you want to verify that the Viewpoint® Spectrum® estimate was imported into Procore's Budget tool, click the hyperlink for the item in the Project Name column.
This opens the Budget tab on the project. To learn about the Budget tool, see Budget.