To link active Viewpoint® Spectrum® vendors to their matching company listing in your Procore account's Company level Directory so that you can create commitments in Procore and push them to Spectrum.
To learn more about the recommended way of consolidating your Spectrum vendors with your Procore Company level Directory, see Integration by Procore: Consolidate and Link Viewpoint® Spectrum® Vendors to Procore Companies.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Directory tool.
- Complete the steps in Consolidate Duplicate Companies in the Company Directory.
- It’s strongly recommended that you first link any Spectrum vendors that already exist in your Procore account’s company directory before adding new entries.
- You only need to link active Spectrum vendors that will be used in new constructions jobs/projects that will be managed in Procore. Inactive QuickBooks vendors should be archived. See Archive a Spectrum Vendor in ERP.
- Once a vendor in Spectrum is linked to a company in Procore, any changes to address information is not synced between the two systems because a company's billing address might be different than the mailing address that a project manager uses to contact the company/vendor for project-related correspondences.
- Navigate to the company's ERP Integrations tool.
- Click the Vendors subtab.
- Mark the "Show suggested Procore matches" filter checkbox to quickly find Spectrum vendors that have an exact name match with an existing company in your account's Procore directory.
- If all the suggested matches look correct, click the Link All button. If the suggested match is incorrect, ignore the match by temporarily moving it to the "Archived" filter. (Note: The search filter is based upon the Name field and is not case-sensitive.)(Optional) If the Spectrum vendor is not going to be used in any new jobs/projects, click the 'Archive' icon.
- After all of the suggested matches are linked, remove the mark from the Show Suggested Matches in Procore checkbox.
(Note: Now that you’ve linked all the easy matches, the next step is to match a Spectrum vendor with an existing company in your Procore account’s directory that didn’t show up as a suggested match in the previous step. For example, there might be a slight discrepancy in a company’s name. Find a Spectrum company that you want to link and click Link to Existing Company. Type the name of the company. If a similar entry exists, you should be able to find it. In the example screenshot below, the ‘&’ vs. ‘and’ caused the existing company to not appear as a “suggested match.” In such cases, finding the logical match should be relatively easy to determine).
When you find a correct match, select it and click Link.
The next step is to Add a Spectrum Vendor to the Company Directory.