To add items to the Material Catalogs area of Esticom.
The Material Catalogs section of Esticom is where all material information and values, ranging from individual parts to assembled items, are stored. Esticom offers a gallery of predefined materials that you can use, and you can also add and customize parts or assembly. Materials in the catalog can be quickly accessed during take-off. When adding items to the Material Catalogs in Esticom, you can also choose to create a new catalog or category to organize items under. See What is the difference between a catalog, category, and item in the Material Catalogs in Esticom? for more information.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Estimator' or higher level user role. See What are the different 'user roles' in Esticom?
- Navigate to your account in Esticom.
- Click the Material Catalogs tab.
- Select the catalog you want to add an item to.
- Click Add Item.
- Click the Catalog Item Type drop-down menu and select the type of item you want to add.
The following item types are available:
Note: If you are creating an assembly item, see Create Assemblies from the Material Catalogs in Esticom.
- The fields relevant to the item type will automatically appear.
Complete the fields as necessary.
- Click Save.