After a budget is sent to the ERP Integrations tool for acceptance by an accounting approver, users will no longer be able to edit the original budget. However, if you quickly realize that you made a minor mistake and need to modify it before an accountant accepts it, you may still be able to retrieve the submitted budget, add your changes, and then re-submit it to the accountant.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Budget tool.
You can only retrieve a budget when it has:
- Previously been sent to the company's ERP Integrations tool. See Send a Budget to ERP for Accounting Acceptance.
- Not been approved or rejected by the designated accountant. See Accept or Reject a Budget for Export to Spectrum.
- Additional Information:
- If you were successful in retrieving a job from the ERP Integrations tool, you will be able to edit the project name and address fields
- Navigate to the project's Budgets tool.
This reveals the Budget page.
- In the right pane, click Retrieve from ERP.
The retrieves any budget data that was sent to the ERP Integrations tool.
- Click Unlock Budget.
(Note: You cannot unlock a budget if there is a budget modification. See Create a Budget Modification).
- Continue by editing the budget. See Edit a Budget.