To log into Procore's iDp-initiated SSO solution for Microsoft Azure AD.
When your company's account is configured for iDp-Initiated SSO for Microsoft Azure Active Directory, you will need to know your email address and password for your Azure Active Directory domain.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To complete the steps below, you must know your Azure Active Directory Single-Sign On login credentials (i.e., email address and password). See your Company's Microsoft Azure Administrator for this information.
- Your company's Microsoft Azure Administrator must configure the Procore Application to work with your company's Azure Active Directory SSO. See Configure IdP-Initiated SSO for Microsoft Azure AD.
When integrating Procore with a supported SSO solution, only the SP-initiated versions (a.k.a., Procore-Initiated SSO) are supported by the Procore web application, Procore Mobile, Procore for Android, and Procore for iOS. Note: iDp-initiated solutions are ONLY supported by the Procore web application and not by Mobile, Android, or iOS.
- Navigate to the Microsoft portal: http://myapps.microsoft.com/
- Enter your email address and click Continue.
- Enter your password and click Sign In.
- Under Applications page, click the Procore application.
Note: In this example, the Administrator named the application 'Procore SSO'. Your company's Administrator may choose to use a different name.
The system authenticates the user's identity and redirects them to the Procore web application.
Note: If the login credentials associated with a user has been granted access to more than one Procore company account, the user will have the ability to switch between company accounts in Procore. See Do I add two Procore apps in Azure Active Directory SSO if we have two company accounts in Procore?.