ImportantThe Procore Sync application will be discontinued on September 30, 2022, after which you will no longer be able to use this application. We will continue to support the application until that date. For additional information, please refer to Procore Sync: End of Support for the Procore Sync Application or reach out to your Procore point of contact for more information.
The following badge icons exist for Procore Sync and should show in your computer's file explorer when using Sync:
Green checkmark: Files are synced and up-to-date.
Blue arrows: File syncing is in progress.
Red exclamation point: There was an error and the file is not synced.
Gray dash: Unknown status. This will occur if Procore Sync is not running in the background.
If you are not seeing status icons for Procore Sync files in your computer's file explorer, check the following prerequisites first:
- Procore Sync must be machine installed on the computer (i.e. a system wide install of Procore Sync in C:\Program Files (x86)\Procore Technologies\).
Note: If Sync is already installed in the User folder of the computer, you will need to download and reinstall the latest version of Procore Sync.
- The latest version of Procore Sync must be installed.
- The Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 redistributable must be installed on your Windows machine.
Note: New installations of Procore Sync include this by default. However, some users who upgraded from previous versions of Procore Sync might not have this redistributable installed and could experience an error when trying to enable status icons.
- If you need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 redistributable, click the link below that corresponds with your machine:
If the above prerequisites have been met, it might be due to Microsoft Windows limiting the number of unique status icons that can be used on a system. If other applications are installed that use status icons on files and folders, those applications may be taking priority over Procore Sync. The following programs use status icons:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Google Drive
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- TortoiseGit / TortoiseHG / TortoiseSVN
Please contact your company’s IT administrator to determine if there are too many programs with icons installed in the registry.